The Vital Gathering II: Save the Date
- October 13-15, 2017 in Phoenix. Three full days of vitalistic clinical medicine from the NMI Fellows.
- More information and registration links will be posted shortly.
- CE will be submitted to OBNM and AANP
- Conference #2 required for VNMI
- Spots will be limited
- Updated 1 June, 2017
The Vital Gathering I
14 hrs Gen CE
(OBNM & AANP approved, qualifies for CNPBC & CONO Cat B)
The first of two requirements for earning the Fast-track VNMI. The VNMI identifies you to your colleagues and the general public as a Naturopathic Doctor grounded in and practicing core, vitalistic Naturopathic Medicine.
This was a powerful, enlightening and uplifting gathering of Naturopathic Doctors dedicated to the practice of Vitalistic Naturopathic Medicine. This includes 14 hours of vibrant lectures, professional interaction, case and panel discussions and celebration of the powerful healing potential of the human.
In these three days, we renewed our understanding of the philosophical and practical application of our medicine. This gathering was a journey of showing how the philosophical constructs of naturopathic medicine guide every decision we make as doctors. Build upon your clinical expertise in treating people who suffer from complex chronic and sometimes debilitating illness with a solid foundation in vitalism.
Leading the weekend were the founding Fellows of the Naturopathic Medicine Institute: Dr. Jim Sensenig, Dr. Aviva Wertkin, Dr. Jared Zeff, Dr. Letitia Dick-Kronenberg and Dr. Thomas Kruzel. Our Fellows collectively have over 150 years of clinical experience using vitalistic naturopathic approaches which honor the tradition of naturopathic medicine.
A special thanks to our sponsors who are supported this event and provided scholarships!
Priority One Nutritional Supplements is thrilled to be a supporter of the inaugural Naturopathic Medicine Institute and the upcoming Vital Gathering I. We have always supported getting to the roots of naturopathic medicine in its truest form. We have seen a vital need for the newest physicians to learn from the elders that have practiced naturopathic medicine in clinic and succeeded. This is a vital need in our industry and we are thankful to be apart of this epic movement to see this to fruition.
Introducing Homeopathic HouseCall Use our new online app to help you and your patients find individualized, effective homeopathic remedies for acute-care and first-aid situations. Because we’re online when you are, Homeopathic HouseCall is available day or night, home or away, on any internet device. Homeopathic HouseCall provides instantaneous updates and a variety of multimedia features, including condition descriptions and remedy differentials from world-renowned naturopathic doctor and homeopath, Dr. Joe Kellerstein. Let our team of homeopathic experts with more than 120 years of clinical experience take the guesswork out of accurate remedy selection, with the click of a button.
Starting in 2005, Naturopathic Doctor News and Review (NDNR) is the leading clinical information resource for naturopathic physicians in North America. It serves as a dynamic voice for the advancement of naturopathic medicine by informing and educating physicians in the recent developments of the practice of natural medicine. NDNR includes current protocols, practice management, business development, marketing, clinical research, news and more. For more information, visit NDNR online.
Fullscript is the easiest way for practitioners to recommend professional-grade supplements to their patients. It’s safe, simple, and free. That’s why it’s used by thousands of integrative practitioners and hundreds of thousands of their patients across North America. Access to more than 300+ professional-grade supplements and have them shipped directly to your patients. Improve your patient care and make dispensing wellness simple.
Mountain Peak Nutritionals® is a company dedicated to supporting and furthering Naturopathic medicine. MPN was first created as a means to help pay for the licensure effort of Colorado in 1995. Since MPN’s inception we have continued to support the AANP, the naturopathic state organizations and their licensure efforts as well as their legislative efforts to greater enhance their current naturopathic laws. We support naturopathic schools and student organizations, the Elders group and the Naturopathic Medicine Institute.
Leaders in quality and safety, TxOptions manufactures and distributes homeopathic medicines. We cater to professionals’ needs by maintaining an extensive range of homeopathic medicines, a licensed pharmacy, a pharmacy support team 24/7, and a resource center. We work closely with practitioners, pharmacists, patients and families, to improve and restore health. Established in 2005 by Standard Homeopathic and Hyland’s, TxOption’s legacy of experience dates back to 1853 and combines the leadership and knowledge of founding families in American homeopathy.
14 hrs Gen CE
(OBNM & AANP approved, qualifies for CNPBC & CONO Cat B)
Paradigms and World Views
- The Interconnected world of the Vitalist
- The idea of paradigms and their creation
The Healing Power of Nature: An Introduction to the Vis Medicatrix Naturae
- The universe as orderly, intelligent, and benign
- Physical matter as an expression of energy/pattern
- Dysfunctional as transitional state
The Unity of Disease, The Catechism of Nature Cure
- Health as balance, disease as imbalance/adaptation
- Adaptative changes necessary to maintain life
- All such changes unique and individual
- Acute disease as corrective/responsive
- Chronic disease as inadequate response
- Healing crisis/Disease crisis as state changes in dynamic equilibrium
The Language of the Vital Force Part 1: Law of Similars. Laws of Cure.
- Healing as an orderly predictable process in a rational world
- Process is centrifugal and can be assisted
- Symptoms change in known patterns
- The Fellows speak philosophy
- Case: How to Think Like an ND
The Language of the Vital Force Part 2: Minimum Dose. Dual Effect.
- Elegance is in minimal intervention
- Primary and secondary effects in biological systems predict outcomes
- Therapies inimical result in greater chaos and dysfunction
- Ultimate effect on system is determined by therapeutic rationale
Therapeutic Rationale. Treatments in Conformity with the constructive principle in Nature.
- Therapies to address effect of disease
- Trophology: The science of feeding
- Emunctorology: The science of elimination
- Vitalogy: The Science of the Life Force
- Physical medicine in conjunction with healing
- Intention as a modality
The Science and Art in Medicine
- What make science scientific?
- Science vs. The Church: Is it a matter of Belief?
- Is conventional medicine scientific?
- Is naturopathic medicine scientific?
- Are there limits to science in medicine?
- The philosophical limits of scientific inquiry
- Summation of the foundational value of an articulated world view in medicine
- The role of experience
Order Your Recordings
In order to use any of the Associate links below, you must first join as an Associate of the NMI. If you have not joined as an Associate, visit our Becoming an Associate page to learn more and to join.
- VF Associate ($307.50)
- Professional Associate ($352.50)
- General Associate ($375)
- Student Associate ($125)
- Not an Associate ($420)