Centers of Excellence
This program is under development but here is the general overview. Join our mailing list to stay updated on our progress!
The Naturopathic Medicine Institute Centers of Excellence will provide an optimal response to the growing need for resolution of chronic-type conditions and the ability to demonstrate efficacy and superior outcomes. Using the vitalistic principles of naturopathic medicine will address the primary, secondary and tertiary needs of patients from diagnosis to discharge in a seamless, coordinated manner. The focus will be restoring each patient’s freedom from limitations on multiple levels – including physical, mental, and emotional. The modalities used will adhere to the vitalistic naturopathic principles of providing care that is safe, effective, and cost-effective.
Vitalistic Naturopathic Physicians follow the admonition that “The Physician’s high and only mission is to restore the sick to health. The highest ideal of cure is rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of the health, or removal and annihilation of the disease in its whole extent, in the shortest, most reliable, and most harmless way, on easily comprehensible principles.”
Since the Centers of Excellence will include post-graduate training for Naturopathic Physicians, it will follow the principles advocated by the Johns Hopkins Center for Innovative Medicine that: “The clinically excellent academic physician has achieved a level of mastery in communication & interpersonal skills, professionalism & humanism, and negotiation of the healthcare system. Such physicians are exemplary with respect to diagnostic acumen, knowledge, and their scholarly approach to clinical practice. They exhibit a passion for patient care, and they explicitly model all of the above to medical trainees, earning them a reputation for being exceptional.”
The purpose of the Naturopathic Center of Excellence Program is to:
- Provide superior vital naturopathic care to patients in its metropolitan area.
- Encourage multidisciplinary collaboration between providers at the center and outside providers, as appropriate.
- Provide opportunities to integrate clinical care with teaching and research.
- Engage in clinical research to determine which treatment modalities yield the best results.
- Promote the Center’s services to the public, payers, employers and grantors of research funding.
- A demonstrably effective approach to diagnosis and treatment of health problems, including their underlying causes
- An efficient system for treatment of patients dependent upon their diseases, disorders and conditions using the vitalist principles of naturopathic medicine
- The objective assessment of different treatment modalities to determine their benefits and any potential risks or issues
- Efficient use of resources
- Competitively priced services and outcomes that can be marketed to payers and employers
- Demonstration of decreased periods of health challenges with more complete return of function for its patients
- A high level of patient satisfaction