This associate level is open to students and graduated Naturopathic Physicians of CNME accredited naturopathic medical schools who are seeking the Vitalist certification (VNMI). The VNMI indicates your understanding of the clinical application of the healing arts and sciences of Vitalistic Naturopathic Medicine. For those Naturopathic Physicians interested in becoming a Fellow of NMI, this is the first step.
Vitalist Status (VNMI)
This program is a work in progress and is subject to change.
- Be a graduate of an CNME accredited Naturopathic Medical School (List of CNME Schools) and be licensed or registered to practice naturopathic medicine.
- Provide 2 professional letters of recommendation attesting to the character of your practice.
- Essay: How is Vitalism Relevant to Clinical Practice? 150 – 600 words
- Submission of 5 case studies (2 – 3 acute and 2- 3 chronic) that demonstrates an understanding of vitalism within your practice.
- Time in practice: 5 years is required. Exceptions can be made in extraordinary cases. Click here for Letter of Exception Guidelines
- Level One coursework of all Topics in the Curriculum
Note: the Vital Gatherings I and II (live or recorded) fulfill Level One coursework requirements.
- Have listened to specific Vital Conversations
- 18 & 25-Apr-2018 | “Homeopathy Made Easy” Thomas Kruzel, ND (2 hrs)
- 16 & 23-May-2018 | “GI Part 1 and 2” Jared Zeff, ND, LAc (4 hrs)
- 16-Aug-2017 | Emmuncterology I, Thomas Kruzel, ND
- 23-Aug-2017 | Emmuncterology II, Thomas Kruzel, ND
- 13-Sep-2017 | Hydrotherapy I, Letitia Dick-Kronenberg, ND
- 20-Sep-2017 | Hydrotherapy II, Letitia Dick-Kronenberg, ND
- 7-Jun-2017 | Physician of First Contact, Jim Sensenig, ND & Jared Zeff, ND, LAc & Letitia Dick-Kronenberg, ND
- 4-Oct-2017 | Infectious Disease without Antibiotics or Vaccination, Jim Sensenig, ND (2 hr special)
- 11-Oct-2017 | What’s the gut have to do with it?, Jim Sensenig, ND (2 hr special)
- April 13, 2016 | Vaccination Lecture, Jim Sensenig, ND
- June 22, 2016 | The Vital Force in Action, Jim Sensenig, ND
- June 29, 2016 | The Laws of Cure, Aviva Wertkin, ND
- Oct 12, 2016 | Genetics and Vitalism, Jim Sensenig, ND & Eli Camp, ND
- Dec 21, 2016 | Clinical Manifestations of Mineral Deficiencies, Jim Sensenig, ND & Aviva Wertkin, ND
- Evaluation (written and/or interview)