This recipe contains a few of the best things for you to fight a cough, cold or flu naturally:
Lemon: High in vitamin C, which keeps the immune system strong and neutralizes the free radicals in your body. This reduced the inflammation and swelling.
Ginger: Helps you sweat out the toxins in your body, which is helpful when you have a cold or flu. Ginger is also helpful for settling upset stomachs, dizziness, nausea, vomiting and cold sweats.
Honey: Soothes a sore throat, making it an effective and natural cough suppressant. This improves the body’s ability to fight infection and decreases the risk of fevers. The natural sweetness of honey also balances the tartness of the lemon and the ginger’s spice, giving honey, lemon and ginger tea its soothing flavor.
You can make this immunity boosting tea ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
- 2 lemons (cleaned well)
- 2 piece fresh ginger (about the size of your pointer and middle finger)
- Raw honey
- 12 oz mason jar
- Slice lemons and ginger.
- Place the lemon and ginger slices in the mason jar, alternating layers of each.
- Slowly, pour honey over the lemon and ginger. Allow the honey to sink down and around the lemon and ginger slices. Fill jar to the top with honey and seal tightly.
- Store in the refrigerator. Over time, the mixture will start to turn into a loose jelly.
- When you are the beginnings of a cough, cold, scratchy throat or just in need of some warm, soothing tea, add 2-3 tablespoons of the honey mixture into a tea cup full of hot water—be sure to scoop whole pieces of ginger and lemon. Cover and allow to steep for 3-4 minutes and sip away.