Vital Gathering IV
Mind-Body, Nutrition and Physical Medicine
Oct 3-6, 2019 in Dallas, TX
16 General CE (approved OBNM and AANP)
The Vital Gathering IV builds on the knowledge of past gatherings. The information presented at VG IV will be specific to three areas of Vitalistic Naturopathic Medicine – Mind/Body Medicine, Nutrition, and Physical Medicine. The purpose of this gathering is to dive further into the use of these powerful modalities and clinical pearls in the practice of Vitalistic Naturopathic Medicine.
Communicating principles of the mind and body connection effectively to people can open new pathways to healing. At VG IV, you will learn to help your patients understand how this connection can strengthen the body and stimulate health. You will also learn how to facilitate Mind/Body Medicine in your practice.
Nutrition is a cornerstone of Naturopathic Medicine and the restoration of health. Learning to assess proper nutrition for each individual is key to building/restoring health and disease prevention. Attendees will learn to use food and fasting as therapies as well as how to use and evaluate diet dairies for practical, improved clinical outcomes.
As Naturopathic Doctors, we know the importance of and the passing on of healing through touch. You will learn how to gather information about a person’s level of health- physically, mentally and emotionally- by laying hands on the human body. Attendees will also gain an understanding of what can be sensed through the doctor’s hands and how to use hands for healing.
All conference participants will enjoy extra time to discuss cases and ask questions of presenters and other Senior Vitalist Naturopathic Doctors in attendance. At the NMI, we are building a thriving, supportive and encouraging community in an effort to preserve, strengthen and teach the legacy of vitalism to the public, students and one another. We look forward to you joining us this year and celebrating the Vis Medicatrix Naturae.
Drs. Jim Sensenig, Jared Zeff, Thomas Kruzel, Letitia Dick-Kronenberg, Rick Kirschner, Charley Cropley, Mona Morstein, Aviva Wertkin
Thursday: 3 Oct 2019
- Social Gathering – 6 pm – ?
Friday: 4 Oct 2019: Mind Body Medicine, 6 hrs
- 8:30 AM: Opening Ceremonies: Dr. Jim Sensenig, Dr. Aviva Wertkin
- 9:00 -10:30 AM: Healthy Communication For Practitioners Part 1, Dr. Rick Kirschner
- 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM: Healthy Communication For Practitioners Part 2, Dr. Rick Kirschner
- 12:30 – 2:00 PM: Lunch
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm: Teaching Patients to Heal Psycho-Social-Spiritual Suffering, Dr. Charley Cropley
- 4:00 – 5:30 PM: Expert Panel and Case Studies
- Evening: Screening of From Healthcare to Sickcare by Dr. Rick Kirschner
Saturday: 5 Oct 2019: Physical Medicine, 6 hours
- 8:30 – 10:00 AM: Clinical Application of Naturopathic Physiotherapies, Drs. Jared Zeff and Letitia Dick-Kronenberg
- 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM: Correcting Structural Concerns Without Spinal Manipulation, Drs. Jared Zeff, Letitia Dick-Kronenberg, Aviva Wertkin and Thomas Kruzel
- 12:00 – 1:30 PM: Lunch
- 1:30 – 2:30 PM: Clinical Presentations Benefitting from Physical Manipulation, Dr. Thomas Kruzel
- 2:30 -3:30 PM: Iridology, Dr. Letitia Dick-Kronenberg
- 4:30 -5:30 PM: Biodynamic Osteopathy in the Cranial Field: An Introduction, Dr. Jim Sensenig
Saturday Evening Banquet: 7:00 – ?
Sunday: 6 Oct 2019: Nutrition, 4 hours
- 8:30 – 9:30 AM: Using a Diet Diary for Motivating Change, Dr. Mona Morstein
- 9:30 – 10:30 AM: Evaluating and Correcting Physical and Emotional Signs that Affect Overall Health, Drs. Charley Cropley and Aviva Wertkin
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Physician Perspectives on Fasting, Drs. Jared Zeff, Charley Cropley, and Letitia Dick-Kronenberg
- 12:00 – 1:30 PM: Lunch
- 1:30 – 2:30 PM: Expert Panel Discussion
- 2:30 – 3:00 PM: Bonding and Closing Ceremonies
Biodynamic Osteopathy in the Cranial Field
October 7, 2019, 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
with Jeff Greenfield, DO
The course will introduce basic concepts in osteopathy and osteopathic evaluation then progress to osteopathy in the cranial field (OCF) –aka cranial osteopathy–, then introduce some foundational concepts of the Biodynamic model of OCF.
- Vital Associates attending VG IV: registration begins June 25
- Student Associates attending VG IV: registration begins July 5
- Open registration July 19
VG-IV Vendors and Sponsors
Group Code: NMI2019
8451 Parkwood Blvd
Plano, TX 75024
Dallas Love Field Airport
Dallas Fort Worth Airport.
Both are approximately 30-minute drive to the hotel.
The hotel does not have a shuttle but Dallas does have Lyft and Uber.
Links to interesting things to do in Dallas
- Dallas Arboretum https://www.dallasarboretum.org/
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza https://www.jfk.org/
- Reunion Tower https://reuniontower.com/
Looking for the previously held and recorded Vital Gatherings?